Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Oh My, Where Has The Time Gone??

I stopped writing, to be honest, because I was bored with my own life. Recent events have changed that about myself.

I got a job! My new job is awesome, I loves it (most of it). Like any job, it has ups and downs, but I am using my degree and working in my chosen field AND... The best part... I get to travel!

In fact, we're on our way to Canada this weekend for a themed 5k. I'm certainly not running, but my new company is producing it, so it will definitely be interesting. My stress level is at Macau-level highs. Remember how Asia turned me into a terrible flier? Yeah. Me too. And it promises to be down right cold in Canada at night and I plan to pack accordingly. I am so not ready for the fall weather that cropped up in Louisiana recently! I sit in my bed typing this in a fleece, longsleeve shirt, slipper boots, and cut offs.

I've been working a lot and though the job is part time, it can be more than 40 hours a week if we have enough going on, so I stay busy. I also have another part time job on Sunday mornings. Regular money rolling in is quite a foreign concept to me, who has not really pulled a decent pay check since December. I covered my monthly expenses for the first time since moving home in September and am most pleased to report that I have finally put a tourniquet on the endless hemmorhage of money! Maybe I can slowly rebuild that nice little nest egg I came home with. Thanks to Macau's never ceasing ability to give (what, I'm not sure...), my money is temporarily trapped there. Our bank lowered their daily tranfer allowance and naturally paperwork is required to "validate" any bank accounts outside of BNU. Even if that other bank account has been attached to my BNU account for over three years.

Really, Macau? And with no notice? It surprises me more that I'm still surprised by things like this.

Oh I bought a car! That was a super big girl purchase! It's the brightest blue I could find and I love it!

That's enough news for now. Dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment